You are correct. This is not possible atm.

Note, that commits happen "under the hood" and users cannot commit
explicitly. Users can only "request" as commit -- this implies that
Kafka Streams will commit as soon as possible -- but when
`context#commit()` returns, the commit is not done yet (it only sets a
flag).

What is your use case for this? How would you want to use this from an
API point of view?

Feel free to open a feature request JIRA -- we don't have any plans to
add this atm -- it's the first time anybody asks for this feature. If
there is a JIRA, maybe somebody picks it up :)

-Matthias