Hi Marc,

I think it's depends rather on "log.dirs" parameter. Because this parameter
would prefer to use in more convenient case, "log.dir" parameter is secondary.

logs.dirs: The directories in which the log data is kept. If not set, the value
in log.dir is used

log.dir: The directory in which the log data is kept (supplemental for log.dirs
property)

It's obvious that the "logs.dirs" parameter should be used preferably, before
"log.dir".

and the "log.dir" is just used to make sure that writing is possible at a place
where rights are most often allowed.

best regards,

Adrien