Hello All,

I wondering if there is any way to avoid having to enter the host URLs for
each Kafka CLI command you execute.

This is kind of tedious as different CLI commands require specifying
different servers (--broker-list, --bootstrap-server and --zookeeper);
which is especially painful if the host names are long, and only slightly
different (e.g. naming scheme for AWS:
ec2-12-34-56-2.region-x.compute.amazonaws.com).

I know I could simply export shell variables for each type of endpoint and
refer that in the command, but that still only eases the pain:
export KAFKA_ZK=ec2-12-34-56-2.region-x.compute.amazonaws.com
bin/kafka-topics.sh --list --zookeeper ${KAFKA_ZK}

Is there by any chance a better way of doing this I am not aware of?
Technically I am looking for some solution where I don't have to remember
that a Kafka CLI command expects --broker-list, --bootstrap-server or
--zookeeper, but can specify these settings once.

Thanks,
Peter