Hi Vincent,

Our producers are consumers are indeed local to Kafka cluster. When we
switch DC everything switches. So when we are on backup producers and
consumers on backup DC are active, everything on primary DC is stopped.

Whatever data gets accumulated on backup DC needs to be reflected in
primary DC. That's when we start reverse replication. And to clean up data
replicated from primary to backup (before switch happened), we have to
purge topics on backup Kafka cluster. And that is the challenge.