From:   Nitin Gupta <nitin...@gmail.com>
To:     users@kafka.apache.org
Date:   06/18/2018 04:53 AM
Subject:        Multiple consumers subscribing to a topic

Hi

I am looking for the below setup in one of the Applications I am working
on:

Application generates events and publishes the events to a Kafka topic.
The topic is subscribed by multiple consumers.

Assuming there are 10 events triggered in the application and published to
the topic.
How do we handle each of the below scenarios:

1) Once the message is published to the topic, should consumers pull the
message from topic or as a subscriber to the topic, the message be pushed
to them.

2) In case one of the consumers is down, will Kafka push all the 10
messages once it is up? If yes, how?

3) In case on of the consumers goes down, after 5 messages have been
pushed/consumed by it. What happens to the remaining messages? Once
consumer is up should it notify Kafka to send messages fromn 6-10 or Kafka
is intelligent enough to only trigger the messages from 6-10.

Thanks.

Regards
Nitin