Hello,

I'm unable to start the zookeeper as well as Kafka. I tried by downloading the
zookeeper separately & now I'm able to start the zookeeper.
Coming to Kafka-server, It throws an error message "wmic is not recognized as
an internal or external command", I resolved it by adding the
"C:\Windows\System32\wbem" to path in system variables.
Now when I try to run kafka-server, Neither the kafka-server starts Nor throws
any error message.

Steps followed:

  1.  Downloaded the zookeeper & Kafka-server from
http://kafka.apache.org/downloads (Binary downloads)
  2.  Extracted the file using "tar" command
  3.  From the cmd try to run the zookeeper, Which worked fine.
  4.  From another cmd try to run kafka-server, No error message (Find the
attachement)

Is there anything that I'm not following correctly.

Thanks,
Naresh