After you deleted a topic was it a clean delete. Did you verify in zookeeper
and kafka logs directory? if not you may need to do some clean up if there are
inconsistency in kafka logs dir and zookeeper.
did you try to move the replicas assignment to different machines for this
topic and see if it behaves same way on other machines for this particular
topic?
Check number of open file handle before you start writing to this topic and
after you kick off the writer/producer on all the replica machines for this
topic.
Check how many log files are being created for the partition segment in kafka
logs dir.
Is there anything in log files to trace back this behavior? if you could check
and share any errors or warning it will help.