Are you asking about the maximum message size that can be sent from a
producer?
max.message.bytes is used to control that at broker/topic level. You can
find more details
at the below links.

*"The largest record batch size allowed by Kafka. If this is increased and
there are consumers older than 0.10.2, the consumers' fetch size must also
be increased so that the they can fetch record batches this large. In the
latest message format version, records are always grouped into batches for
efficiency. In previous message format versions, uncompressed records are
not grouped into batches and this limit only applies to a single record in
that case."*

https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#topicconfigs
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#brokerconfigs

Thanks,