You can figure out the names via

builder.build().describe()

The naming pattern is
<application.id>-<operatorName>-[repartition|changelog]

You will also need to create those topic with the correct number of
partitions (usually the number of input topic partitions).

With this information, you can pre-create the topics and Kafka Streams
will use them if the exists. Kafka Streams will also check the number of
partitions -- if it's different to what is required, it will fail and
tell you in the exception message how many partitions it expects.

-Matthias