From: Robin Moffatt <ro...@confluent.io>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:06 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need info

As a side note from your question, I'd recommend looking into Kafka Connect. It
is another API with Apache Kafka, and it simplifies the building of pipelines
with Kafka such as the one you are describing There are pre-built connectors,
including for S3 (
https://apac01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.confluent.io%2Fconnector%2Fkafka-connect-s3%2F&amp;data=01%7C01%7Cchanchal.chatterji%40infosys.com%7C7382ed64a0214c778c8c08d61a25b0df%7C63ce7d592f3e42cda8ccbe764cff5eb6%7C1&amp;sdata=yc3Mo3h5JFD%2BpoGBDthgAgT7GxW52tLS4mZJxO4HKXs%3D&amp;reserved=0).
 There are also options for pulling from the mainframe, depending on specific
platform and system.

--

Robin Moffatt | Developer Advocate | ro...@confluent.io | @rmoff