Approach 1: Yes it can be.You have to create a dedicated topic for the same
and I think the limitation will be all the messages to be processed should
have same delay time in that particular topic and use decision making along
with some loop for the messages.

Approach 2:I believe the feature in versions above 0.10+ by using the new
timestamp per message.

Approach 3:Store the messages in RDBMS using indexing and put these
messages as per their execution time in topic.You can refer here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26890222/how-to-achieve-delayed-queue-with-apache-kafka>
for
more details

--