Hi Chris

We are using them like you described.
Performance is very good compared to the database used before.
Beware that until https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-7380
is done the startup will be blocked until all global stores are restored
(sequentially).
This can take a little for larger topic and/or multiple global stores.

We are blocking access until they are available although this is not ideal in
terms of timeout tuning.

Any ideas are welcome.

Best regards

Patrik