Hi

I am trying to measure incoming bytes over time. I am trying collect the
following metric and apply integral function over a set of data points on a
time series.

kafka.server:type=BrokerTopicMetrics,name=BytesInPerSec,topic=my_topic
FifteenMinuteRate

It seems that the number I am getting is much less than expected. So, I am
suspecting that my understanding of this metric is wrong.

I initially thought this metric is the total volume of bytes that came in
for that topic in last 15 mins. So, if I collect this metric every 15 mins,
then I will have total volume over time by calculating the sum of data
points in the time interval.

Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Regards,
Amitav