Hi,

I have read several articles about this topic. We are soon going to deploy our
streaming apps inside k8s. My understanding from reading these articles is that
stateful set in k8s is not mandatory as the application can rebuild its state
if the state store is not present. Can people share their experience or
recommendation when it comes to deploying the streaming apps on k8s ?

Also, let us say the application is using a tumbling window of 5 mts. When an
application restarts, is it correct to say that it has to re-build the state
only for that 5 minute window for the partitions that it was handling before. I
had an instance of such a restart where it was running a long time in REBALANCE
which makes me think that my understanding is incorrect. In this case, the
state store was available during the restart. Can someone clarify ?

Thanks
Mohan