Hi,

Here is a simple example:

Application is reading a topic where messages are being received from various
clients identified by “client_id”. The messages are grouped by “client_id” and
windowedBy 10 seconds with grace period of 5 seconds. The event time for the
stream progresses when we receive any message type from any of the client. If
one client is stuck sending data for more than the grace period but other
clients send data, the time progresses and the data from the client that was
stuck may never be processed again.

I am wondering why the event_time takes effect before the “groupBy”. If the
event_time was associated with the window (where there is one per “client_id”),
then it would have worked well in this case. Is there any reason for the
current design ? Is there any way to solve this problem ?

Thanks
Mohan