Hello all, we identified around three dozen bug fixes, including an update
of a third party dependency, and wanted to release a patch release for the
Apache Kafka 2.2.0 release.

This is the *second* candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.2.2. (RC1 did
not include a fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9053, but
the fix appeared before RC1 was announced so it was easier to just create
RC2.)

Check out the release notes for a complete list of the changes in this
release candidate:
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.2.2-rc2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Wednesday, October 30, 9am PT>

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.2.2-rc2/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.2.2-rc2/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.2 branch) is the 2.2.2 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.2.2-rc2

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/22/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/22/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.2 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-2.2-jdk8/1/
System tests:
https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka/job/2.2/216/

Thanks,