Hi,

I understand that the state store listener that can be set using
KafkaStreams.setGlobalStateRestoreListener will be invoked when the streams
app starts if it doesn't find the state locally (e.g., running on a
ephemeral docker container).

However, I wonder if the process happens as well if there is a rebalance
and the streams app gets assigned new partitions for which it doesn't have
state yet. Does the app go into the rebalancing state and stays there until
the state for those new partitions have been restored? Or does it go back
to running even if it hasn't happened yet?

Thanks.

Regards,
Javier.