Hi Sophie,

thanks for explaining that.
So yeah it seems that since I'm using the default grace period of 24 hours,
that's might cause the records to be sent to the changelog after ~24 hours.

However, I'm switching the regular windowing system to the custom one, and
while for the regular windows now I understand why it might send all the
data to the changelog, the new one I don't.
In the regulard windows version since new keys are added every minute
(because of the key-timewindow combination) I think it's an expected
behavior, I don't see why the cache would stop working in the new scenario
where the number of keys are fixed.

Since I'm rewriting the same keys over and over and my changelog topic has
a compact cleanup policy, why should it send old values to the changelog?
What I mean is, if the cache can keep the values for e.g. a few hours, and
we saw that the amount of data in each custom window per key doesn't change
(it goes up and down but never exceeds a certain value), why shouldn't it
be able to do the same for longer periods of time?

Btw it doesn't seem to be a metric to know the amount of cache available
for each state store, is it possible to find out in some other way? Just to
tkeep track of it?

Regards

--
Alessandro Tagliapietra