It doesn't exist anymore, we replaced it after a hardware failure.

Thinking about it I don't think I reassigned the partitions for broker 5 to the
new broker before deleting these topics, I didn't realize that it was necessary
for all brokers to be online.

Since broker 5 is never coming back again I'm guessing my only choice is to
manually modify the znodes ?