Hi

One of the nice things about kafka is setting up in the local environment
is really simple. I was giving a try to the latest feature ie MM2 and found
it took me some time to get a minimal setup running.
Default config provided assumes that there will already be 3 brokers
running due to the default replication factor of the admin topics the mm2
connector creates.

This got me thinking that most of the people would follow the same approach
I followed.
1. Start a single broker cluster on 9092
2. Start another single cluster broker on, let's say, 10002
3. Start mm2 by"./bin/connect-mirror-maker.sh
./config/connect-mirror-maker.properties"

What happened was I had to supply a lot more configs

clusters = A, B

# connection information for each cluster
A.bootstrap.servers = localhost:9092
B.bootstrap.servers = localhost:10092

# enable and configure individual replication flows
A->B.enabled = *
A->B.topics = test
B->A.enabled = true
B->A.topics = *

A.heartbeats.topic.replication.factor=1
A.checkpoints.topic.replication.factor=1
A.offset-syncs.topic.replication.factor=1

B.heartbeats.topic.replication.factor=1
B.checkpoints.topic.replication.factor=1
B.offset-syncs.topic.replication.factor=1

A.offset.storage.replication.factor=1
B.offset.storage.replication.factor=1

A.status.storage.replication.factor=1
B.status.storage.replication.factor=1

A.config.storage.replication.factor=1
B.config.storage.replication.factor=1

The server.properties has bunch of properties like
"offsets.topic.replication.factor=1
transaction.state.log.replication.factor=1"
which make it easier for people to start a local single broker kafka
cluster.

Does it make sense to have a similar config as the default mirror maker
config so that it becomes easier for people to use the MM2 feature.

--
Thanks
Karan