Hey Vincent, I think you need to set both the configs for the brokers and
the individual partitions you are moving themselves.

For an automated system that can make this easier, check out
https://github.com/DataDog/kafka-kit/tree/master/cmd/autothrottle, though
it requires DataDog, you can use a similar algorithm for applying throttles
on reassignment.

We have something at Yelp that is similar built in-house.

Best,
Brian