Hello,

Per our deployment topology , we have a central cluster (5 brokers) and
remote producers  in various geographic locations(#100)  (~30 hosts set up
in each of geographic location).  We will be publishing records at the rate
of 10000 events/ sec(across all sites) to the cluster. Each event is 1K
size and that corresponds to 10 MB/sec.

Per your prior experience with Kafka deployment, can you please provide any
inputs for my questions below:
1. Do you see any issues with no.of remote publishers  to the Kafka cluster?
The network lag between the remote sites to the central cluster could be
70ms on average.
2. Do you see any limitations during kafka cluster expansions/upgrades with
the multiple publishers in remote sites?
3. Do you recommend a proxy model here with rest interface deployed in
proximity of the Kafka cluster doing the publishing?

Any responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Srikala.