If a consumer sends its offset for a topic-partition as part of a transaction,
and someone sends an OffsetFetch request for that consumer group and
topic-partition before the transaction is committed, is the OffsetFetch
response meant to include that pending offset, or only the last offset sent
outside of a non-committed transaction? I find no discussion of it in the Kafka
protocol guide, and the code in GroupMetadata.scala seems to indicate that
pending offsets are not included, but I'm observing some behavior that might
suggest otherwise.

Best Regards
Magnus Reftel

Denne e-posten og eventuelle vedlegg er beregnet utelukkende for den
institusjon eller person den er rettet til og kan vaere belagt med lovbestemt
taushetsplikt. Dersom e-posten er feilsendt, vennligst slett den og kontakt
Skatteetaten.
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for
the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information and may be legally
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please immediately delete the message and alert the Norwegian Tax
Administration.