Hi Dan,

For Kafka:

  *   Make sure that your listeners and advertised listener configuration is
set up correctly for external connectivity, incl. your Kafka protocols

For Kubernetes:

  *   How are you exposing the Kafka port? Your port number seems low for
Kubernetes, typically external ports will be above 30000
     *   There are several different ways of exposing a port externally, e.g.
through a load balancer
  *   Do you have a DNS entry for the kafka service to be resolvable externally?

Kind regards

Pirow Engelbrecht | Senior Design Engineer
Tel +27 12 678 9740 (ext. 9879) | Cell +27 63 148 3376

76 Regency Drive | Irene | Centurion | 0157<https://goo.gl/maps/v9ZbwjqpPyL2>

[cid:image001.jpg@01D5FDC4.BF5F5150]<https://etion.co.za>

Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Etion-Limited-2194612947433812?_rdc=1&_rdr> |
YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUY-5oeACtLk2uTsEjZCU6A> |