Sylvain,

I am replying on behalf of the Kafka PMC:

It is not allowed to modify any ASF project logos to any extent (cf.
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/). You can use the Kafka log
unmodified to point out that your project is related to Apache Kafka.
But you need to pick an independent project logo and cannot reuse/embed
the Kafka logo in your project logo because your work is not part of the
Apache Kafka project itself.

It is similar with project names: if one builds for example a cluster
monitoring tool, the project cannot be name "Apache Kafka Cluster
Monitor" (or similar), as it would imply that the project is part of
Apache Kafka itself what is miss leading. An allowed/recommended wording
would be "Cluster Monitor for Apache Kafka".

Hence, your current project name "Kafka Streams .NET" also seems to be
in violation of the ASF trademarks and needs to be changed. A valid name
could be ".NET stream processing library for Apache Kafka"?

Thanks for reaching out! We highly appreciate your upfront inquiry! And
all the best for your project! It's always exiting to see people
building tools/libraries around Apache Kafka!

-Matthias