The last blog post for 2.5.0 mentioned KIP-500, and I know we've made a lot
of progress on that and will have even more in upcoming releases. I'd like
to add the following paragraph to the opening section, just after the
paragraph mentioning JDK 14 and Scala 2.13:

"Finally, these accomplishments are only one part of a larger active
roadmap in the run up to Apache Kafka 3.0, which may be one of the most
significant releases in the project’s history. The work to replace
Zookeeper (link to KIP-500) with built-in RAFT-based consensus is well
underway with eight KIPs in active development. Kafka’s new RAFT protocol
for the metadata quorum is already available for review (link to
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/9130). Tiered Storage unlocks infinite
scaling and faster rebalance times via KIP-405 (link to KIP-405), and is up
and running in internal clusters at Uber."

I'ved incorporated this into the preview doc, but feedback is welcome.

Best regards,

Randall