Hi,

Kafka can recommend an assignment via the ReassignPartitionsCommand (with
--generate), and it is also possible to get this assignment directly by
calling AdminUtils.assignReplicasToBrokers.

We would like our application to be able to get the suggested partition
assignment and apply it to a topic. We're currently doing this by calling
AdminUtils directly and passing the result to
Admin.alterPartitionReassignments.

Is there a way to do this solely using the kafka-clients Admin client? We'd
like to avoid depending directly on the Kafka server jar.