Hi All,

I have a question about the inMemoryKeyValue store. I was under the
assumption that in-memory stores would not serialize the objects but when I
looked into the implementation I see InMemoryKeyValueStore uses a
NavigableMap of bytes which indicates the user objects have to be
serialized and stored.

Am I missing something? Wouldn't this cause more serialization overhead for
storing something in memory?

In my case I have a punctuator which reads all the entries in the state
store and forwards the data. When there are around 10k entries it takes
about 400ms to complete. I was trying to optimize this problem. I use kryo
serde and the objects are bigger in size (approx 500 bytes).

Regards,
Navneeth