Dear all,

The kafka admin client API enables the deletion of a consumer group through a
logic like the one shown below

DeleteConsumerGroupsResult deleteConsumerGroupsResult =
adminClient.deleteConsumerGroups(Arrays.asList(consumerGroupToBeDeleted));

However, is there any way/API through which the admin client can delete a
specific consumer of a consumer group (e.g., say, the one which has the minimum
consumption rate )…

My kafka cluster is running on Kubernetes and I can use a Kubernetes client to
dynamically delete a particular pod (eventually a Kafka consumer). However,
naming of consumer pods in Kubernetes is

different than the actual consumer names in a Kafka cluster that are used by an
admin client to resolve and access consumers. And hence, the association
between Kubernetes kafka consumer pods

 naming and the actual consumer names used (by the admin client)  inside kafka
cluster looks difficult…

Any hint on that issue?

Between, the decision to implement a whole consumer group deletion API on the
admin client but not an individual consumer in the group? is just a design
decision or there is any technical/protocol

issues that enforce not offering such an API?

Thank you.