The canonical form for Avro schemas is to use a single "name" key whose value is the concatenation of the namespace, if any, with the record name: https://avro.apache.org/docs/current/spec.html#Transforming+into+Parsing+Canonical+Form

There is a common, non-canonical alternative out in the wild that uses a short "name" plus an additional "namespace" key to represent the same information.

I've found that when I submit a schema in canonical form to the schema registry and then retrieve the stored schema back from the registry using the appropriate subject, the version that the registry provides uses the non-canonical form. (This is via Python, but I think the transformation is happening on the server.) Is there a configuration option to make the registry return a canonical form instead? Or is this a bug?