Hello to all,
I've noticed that when trying to use kafka-acls.sh or kafka-configs.sh by
providing the option --bootstrap-server it always leads to the error
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException.
The same commands worked without an issue when providing
--authorizer-properties zookeeper.connect and --zookeeper respectively.
I've tested this on different types of listeners such as SSL, PLAINTEXT,
SASL_PLAINTEXT, and SASL_SSL with no difference.

Unfortunately, for kafka-configs.sh the --zookeeper option is being deprecated
and it's not possible to use it to update configurations on a broker level
hence my conundrum.
Does anyone have some insight into what may be happening? I've tested this with
kafka_2.12-2.8.0, kafka_2.12-2.7.0, kafka_2.12-2.5.0 and kafka_2.12-2.4.0.

Best regards, José Benardi de Souza Nunes