Hello

So I've been using a Streams app to join two input topics... the messages
have a certain order... but I have seen the messages on the output topic
arriving with a different ordering .... Even before, when doing a
map/flatmap operation are processed with different ordering.

Example:

Stream 1: A---B---C---D
Stream 2: A--B--C--D

Output topic: BB---A---AA---CC---DD

I need it to be A--AA--BB---CC---DD

Is there a way that Kafka Streams guarantees the order of messages in the
output topic? I had heard when doing a join, the timestamp of the generated
message is taken from the message triggering the join or the biggest
timestamp of the two. I don't know if this is the case, if it's done... is
that an automatic process or do I need to set the timestamp somewhere?

Another option I have read about is doing something like this:
https://dzone.com/articles/how-to-order-streamed-dataframes where the
author is doing some kind of sorting using an AbstractProcessor, which
seems like a pretty old article. But right I guess I could use a
Transformer or a Processor

Any guidance is really appreciated!

many thanks
- Miguel