Hi David Ballano Fernandez and all,

Some update here:
Based on @TopStreamsNet's comment here:
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/pull/608#issuecomment-991723301
log4j 1.x versions can still be vulnerable to this issue, but only when the
jms configuration: *TopicBindingName* or *TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName*
is set to something that JNDI can handle - for example
"ldap://host:port/a";. In this way, JNDI will do exactly the same thing it
does for 2.x.
That is, *1.x is vulnerable, just attack vector is "safer" as it depends on
configuration rather than user input.*

So, in short, as long as you're using Kafka, and not setting the jms
configuration: *TopicBindingName* or *TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName *to
something that JNDI can handle, it is safe!

Thank you.
Luke