From: Israel Ekpo <israele...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2021 1:09:13 AM
To: Users <users@kafka.apache.org>
Cc: Luke Chen <show...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Log4j 2.x preview for Kafka

Currently, the core Apache Kafka components do not have any dependencies on
log4j2

There may be Kafka connectors that use log4j2  so you would need to check
with your connector vendors to see if this applies to those connectors.

If you do not use Kafka connect, then this may not apply to you.

Here is the official announcement from the Kafka project on this issue

https://kafka.apache.org/cve-list

If you are using non-upstream Kafka distro that includes log4j2, then check
with that vendor for additional information

I hope this helps

Israel Ekpo
Lead Instructor, IzzyAcademy.com
https://izzyacademy.com/