From: Jatin Chhabriya <jati...@circularedge.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:20 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org <users@kafka.apache.org>
Cc: Murali Krishna <murali.kris...@circularedge.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Apache Kafka Questions
Hello Team

Upon careful perusal of documentation and tutorials, our team has a few open
questions, and we would appreciate to have these clarified by a hands-on
practitioner.

a. Can there by more than one Producer in a Publish-Subscribe model?
Yes

b. More details on level of abstraction between Producer/Consumer. Is one aware
of others identity and Zookeepers offering on same
No,  Consumers and Producers only need to know about the topic.   Consumers
belong to a “group” which allows many consumers to read from the same topic but
only process each message once.

c. Can multiple Producers send message to the same Topic
Yes

d. How long are messages retained in Publish->Subscribe model?
Kafka has time and size based retention policies:
https://www.baeldung.com/kafka-message-retention

e. How are messages stored?
On disk,  possibly replicated: https://www.baeldung.com/kafka-message-retention

Thanks and Regards
C. Jatin Shyam | Devops Engineer | Circular Edge Solutions, Chennai, India
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain
sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of
the e-mail and any attachments.