Hi there,

My kafka streams topology has one store that is particularly busy, that
alongside other stores in the same topology is exhausting I/O which leads
to write stalls and increased latency.

The amount of compaction that this store does with regards to others is
about 3/4 times more, so we were wondering if, since we have more
disks/volumes available, would it be possible to set a different path for
this store so it falls into a different disk?

I don't seem to be able to find any way to do it, ideally it should be done
via RocksDbConfigSetter, but that doesn't seem to offer that possibility as
it seems the state store comes from StateStoreContext which is initialized
from the STATE_DIR_CONFIG global setting.

Has anyone done something similar?

Best regards,

Adrian Tubio