Hi Team,

Trust you are doing good and I hope I'm mailing the correct DL (if not kindly
point me to one) !

This mail is w.r.t Kafka Log4j vulnerabilities. PFB the description -

Log4J 1.x vulnerability with Kafka is a known vulnerability. The published
workaround is to remove the Appender Classes from the JAR artefact. This has
already been implemented by DevOps team

Kafka documentation referred from here -   https://kafka.apache.org/cve-list

However our Corporate Security Team wants Log4j 1.x versions to be completely
removed and/or upgraded to log4j 2.x. We have not come across any published set
up steps from Kafka documentation.

There is one blog that talks about upgrade proposal but we are unsure whether
it can be implemented(Blog link below) -

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-719%3A+Deprecate+Log4J+Appender#KIP719:DeprecateLog4JAppender-1.Deprecatelog4j-appender

Please advice the best way forward. This is a crucial issue and we are getting
daily follow ups from the Security Teams .

Thanks,
Mayank

If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and
destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email,
and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail
and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may
be monitored.