Hmmm. Let’s start with some low level troubleshooting.

What kafka version are you using?

Can reach the ip:port of all broker listener addresses? I like to use `nc -vz
ip port` to validate connectivity from my kafka client.

Check the controller.log on all brokers. All but one of them should say
something like `DEBUG [Controller id=X] Broker Y has been elected as the
controller, so stopping the election process.
(kafka.controller.KafkaController)`. This will tell you that all brokers are in
agreement that only one of them is the controller. This will confirm zookeeper
is configured and working correctly.

Can you share the command you’re using to create your topics?

When you run `kafka-broker-api-versions.sh --bootstrap-server host:port | grep
‘>’ | sort -n -k3`, do you get a list of all your brokers?

—
Peter