I have a Kafka consumer in a Node.js application. I have been listening to
the consumer.crash event and trying to reconnect the consumer.

The issue that I have faced is that even if I have tried to reconnect in
the consumer.crash event, the consumer hasn't received any events after
that. Although I got successful confirmation that it has been connected.

I wanted to know when exactly the consumer.crash event is fired and is it a
good idea to reconnect the consumer in that? If not then what would be the
ideal way to deal with this?

I am using Kafka.js <https://kafka.js.org/> as the client application.

Regards,
Aziz