We have a broker that is part of a 20 node kafka cluster that is dead.
We wanted to rebalance the broken node out of the cluster by using the
kafka-reassign-partitions.sh

We get the following error when we try to reassign partitions:
Error: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting
for a node assignment. Call: incrementalAlterConfigs
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting for a
node assignment. Call: incrementalAlterConfigs

How can we perform a partition reassignment if a node is down/dead?

The Kafka Version we run is: 3.2.0
Thanks
Baargav