Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the second candidate for release of Apache Kafka 3.5.0. Some
of the major features include:
- KIP-710: Full support for distributed mode in dedicated MirrorMaker
2.0 clusters
- KIP-881: Rack-aware Partition Assignment for Kafka Consumers
- KIP-887: Add ConfigProvider to make use of environment variables
- KIP-889: Versioned State Stores
- KIP-894: Use incrementalAlterConfig for syncing topic configurations
- KIP-900: KRaft kafka-storage.sh API additions to support SCRAM for
Kafka Brokers

Release notes for the 3.5.0 release:
https://home.apache.org/~mimaison/kafka-3.5.0-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday June 9, 5pm PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~mimaison/kafka-3.5.0-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~mimaison/kafka-3.5.0-rc1/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 3.5 branch) is the 3.5.0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/3.5.0-rc1

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/35/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/35/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 3.5 branch:
Unit/integration tests: I'm struggling to get all tests to pass in the
same build. I'll run a few more builds to ensure each test pass at
least once in the CI. All tests passed locally.
System tests: The build is still running, I'll send an update once I
have the results.

Thanks,
Mickael