Hi,

We have a single node kafka and single node zookeeper, which we want to migrate
to a single node kraft (which act as both controller and broker) so we can drop
the zookeeper.

I know we have the documentation here
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#kraft_zk_migration for zookeeper to
Kraft Migration. I followed it and the migration was successful, but I end up
with an additional kraft controller node which was provisioned for the
migration purpose. So my question is: is there a way for us to remove that
additional kraft controller node, so we end up with a single node kafka as
before?

I know it’s not recommended for production, but given that a single kraft node
can act as both broker and controller, I guess this is possible? Thanks!

Best,
Pengcheng