Hi Team,

We have encountered a scenario where when data is compressed ( any
compression snappy/gzip) and consumed by the consumer then we see that in a
heap dump, there is a " byte" occupying the same amount of memory as in
value.
Somewhere it feels like the value is copied to headers?

*When is this behavior seen?*
This behavior is seen only in cases when compressed data is consumed by
consumers not in the case of uncompressed data.

Tried to capture Kafka's messages through wireshark, there it shows the
proper size of data nothing wrong with the headers.

Attached is the screenshot of the heap dump and Wireshark.

Can someone please explain why is this happening?