Hi Boyee,

Thanks for the suggestion, Virtual threads look like they may be
helpful for Connect, particularly in Connector plugins.

There are currently no plans to use virtual threads in the Connect
framework, maybe because we need to maintain compatibility with JDK 8
until 4.0. See https://kafka.apache.org/36/documentation.html#java for
supported Java versions.
I've opened a tracking ticket here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-15611 but I'll leave it
unassigned for anyone interested to spec out the work. I also see a
similar ticket for the Producer:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-14606 .

Thanks!
Greg Harris