Hi,

I've recently deployed a kraft cluster and by accident I set the
process.roles to 'controller,broker'. This works, but the controller
bounces back and forth around the cluster because of random IO
slowdowns.

To fix that I wanted to split the controller away from the broker and it
looks like this is not supported as there's not a lot of interest in
implementing KAFKA-14094? As I understand it even moving a controller to
a different IP address is currently not supported by kafka? I'm very
confused as this seems to be a fairly basic feature so I really doubt if
I understand it correctly.

Are there any workarounds for this?

Thanks,
Kris