Matthias

It happened again yesterday during another rolling update. The first error
log I can see on the client side is below. It was there in PENDING_ERROR
state for sometime and then went into ERROR state.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: KafkaStreams is not running.
State is PENDING_ERROR. at
org.apache.kafka.streams.KafkaStreams.validateIsRunningOrRebalancing(KafkaStreams.java:381)
at
org.apache.kafka.streams.KafkaStreams.queryMetadataForKey(KafkaStreams.java:1663)
at
org.springframework.cloud.stream.binder.kafka.streams.InteractiveQueryService.lambda$getHostInfo$2(InteractiveQueryService.java:227)
at
java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197)
at java.base/java.util.HashMap$KeySpliterator.tryAdvance(HashMap.java:1728)
at
java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEachWithCancel(ReferencePipeline.java:129)
at
java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyIntoWithCancel(AbstractPipeline.java:527)
at
java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:513)
at
java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499)
at
java.base/java.util.stream.FindOps$FindOp.evaluateSequential(FindOps.java:150)
at
java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
at
java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.findFirst(ReferencePipeline.java:647)
at
org.springframework.cloud.stream.binder.kafka.streams.InteractiveQueryService.lambda$getHostInfo$3(InteractiveQueryService.ja