Right now sometime I am observing that after the above log is printed on
both the consumer instances then the machine on which the consumer
instances are running stops consuming any new messages. My understanding
was that after the above log is printed then the consumer instances will be
removed from the group and new consumers will be started via the
rebalancing. Is not my understanding correct? If yes then what is not
allowing this to happen? session.timeout.ms is default.

I am using Kafka Client 3.5.1 with Kafka Broker 2.8.1.

Any one any suggestions here?