Hello,
I have set up a grafana dashboard that has the Log Cleaner metrics added when
we upgraded to Apache Kafka 3.5.   We didn’t have these metrics before when we
were using Kafka 2.7.   There is one metric that always show 0%, and this is
the Log Cleaner Max Buffer Utilization Percent metric.   Other log cleaner
metrics like the Cleaner Recopy Percent and Max Clean Time seconds are fine, I
see values on those.  Does anyone have a dashboard set up with this metric and
are you seeing metric values > 0% ?

Also, looking at the Kafka logs, there is a log that shows Buffer Utilization
Percent, and I see values there, not just 0%.

The Apache Kafka code is different:

/* a metric to track the maximum utilization of any thread's buffer in the last
cleaning */
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/log/LogCleaner.scala#L126

/* Buffer utilization stats on logs
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/log/LogCleaner.scala#L484

Thanks in advance for any help or insight that anyone can provide.

Regards,
Maria