Hi Josep,

I found this blocker regression:
(e.g. JsonConverter instead of org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter)
previously worked, and in this RC they throw validation exceptions and are
unable to start/run.
Severity: This would take tasks offline completely until the workers are
downgraded or the connectors are reconfigured with full class names
Impact: Aliases are commonly used in demos, and slightly less commonly used
in production environments. It is by no means a demo-only feature, and I
would expect this to break at least one production workload.
Risk: I've opened a PR to resolve it here:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/16608 . We've already solved this bug
once before, so it seems low-risk to widen the scope of the original fix to
cover this new case.

I found this apparent bug, but as it doesn't appear to be a regression and
has very low severity, I don't think it's a blocker on its own:
If we're rolling a new RC, hopefully we can include this if it's resolved
quickly.

I also performed the following successful verifications:
1. Verified that protected members don't appear in the generated javadocs
(KAFKA-14839)
2. Verified that Connect Distributed can start against a Kraft cluster
3. Verified that plugin scanning doesn't throw errors with jackson
(KAFKA-17111)
4. Verified that the allowed.paths configuration works for
DirectoryConfigProvider (KIP-993)

Unfortunately due to the blocker regression, I think I'll have to -1
(binding) this RC. Sorry!

Thanks,
Greg