Hi,
My apology if this is a question which is already been answered before.
Use Case:
I am reviewing an application (producer) which is using librdKafka as a 3rd
party library to interact with Kafka brokers (3= 1L+2F). This 3rd party lib has
been configured for retries. Its a single topic with multiple partitions.
Application suppose to maintain a strict ordering without any loss of messages.
What I found is if the library fails to deliver the message after retires and
notifies the application, it then again retries to send.
(idempotent feature is enabled.)
Question:

  1.
Will this break the ordering of message, if the application retries?
  2.  Will enabling idempotent going to help here ?
  3.  Is the retry from application unnecessary overhead in ALL cases.

Thanx
Abhijit